My own3D stream

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ancillary Shield Boosters

I dismissed these mods at first but after theorycrafting, I have been turned around. Once thought of as a gimmick, they are the mainstay for my small gang fits now.


Merlin fits 3 neutron blasters, medium ASB and invuln. Great resists, brutal DPS (for a frig, 250-280)

Ferox fits XL ASB and a full rack of neutrons. Cyclone is a better choice though as it has longer range and varying damage but slightly less DPS.

Currently experimenting with Tier3 brawling XLASB monsters.

Fighting in highsec introduced me to the dual XLASB maelstrom, able to tank long enough to disengage before hitting reload if things turn nasty.

The major downside of these mods is you dont have the buffer to survive long enough between reloads sometimes. You can't take them into fleet fights or even medium scale engagements as you can get volleyed easily. Some people say they are borderline OP. I disagree, their downsides (fitting reqs, reload) more than balance out their upsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment