My own3D stream

Tuesday 24 July 2012

How I started in Eve Online

Finally a blog for literally the best pvper in Eve. Also every game on the internet. Even games not even released yet. 

I'll be covering a bunch of games - mostly Eve Online: A terrible game, but also Mechwarrior Online, Planetside 2, Battlefield 3 and DayZ. Also other games the take my interest. but mostly Eve.

So Eve online.

I started in January 2010 - I didnt know anything about the game other than the fact it was spaceships. I did the trial and started flying about. Now - I dont know if you remember the old tutorial, but it was basically "Mine, Do courier missions and do highsec missions. You will die in lowsec." At the time I was like okay, it'll get better later on so I did the tutorial. I joined a random highsec carebear corp who were for some reason accepting trials. CCP later learned from their horrible tutorial system and made it better, and are improving it further next expansion, but that is for another article.

We got wardecced. I didnt know what I was doing and neither did anybody else in corp, even 3 year old vets. We dicked about in shitfit drakes, I had a tackling condor, and eventually ordered to never undock.
I wanted to kill these faggots, but nobody would help me. I left the corp and joined a lowsec alliance. Conspiracy theorists.

This alliance was led by Commodore West. He was openly gay and said he made his real life living as a rent boy (male prostitute only servicing men) He made his ISK by offering to form alliances and organise corps and then taking all their assets - he made a decent amount of isk for very little effort. Fair enough!

I met a group of dudes who I stuck by for the last 2 and a half years - it was their corp I joined. Porch Monkeys. We claimed a lowsec pocket in Amarr space and set up some poses. We ratted, did mag sites and ventured into wormholes. I met my first nemesis here - Kakakarr and his legion of alts. He terrorised us and it was great fun. I also learned to PvP, helping my comrades out in a blackbird. I learned the force multiplier of ECM and the dynamics of support and aggression mechanics. I enjoyed PvP so much that I decided that Eve was the game for me. I signed up and knew I was in it for the long haul....

No comments:

Post a Comment